Senior Software Engineer
01010111 01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100111 01100001 01101101 01100101 00111111
ForwardGS develops leading edge video games and VR software applications. Our veteran team has decades of experience developing legendary game franchises and other high-performance applications on emerging platforms. We also publish independent video games for all hardware platforms through our publishing label, including the hit-game ‘Please, Don’t Touch Anything.’
What You'll Be Doing
We're looking for a passionate and driven software engineer who can help us build great applications and games across multiple platforms. As a Senior Software Engineer at ForwardGS, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy apps to multiple platforms as part of the development team.
Who You Are
• Experience with code and data optimization
• Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach.
• Fluency in C++.
• Knowledge of DirectX 11+ or OpenGL APIs.
• Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
• A passion for video games and/or virtual reality.
• 5+ years of writing production quality C/C++ or C# code.
• Must be legally able to work in the US.
• This is a full-time position in our Dallas, Texas office.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Experience shipping multiple game titles
• Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
• Computer science or related degree